Bruce Smith honored at Booker T. Washington High School
Pro-football legend and Norfolk native Bruce Smith will now have a permanent display at his alma mater for his commitment to the community.
The pro-football Hall of Fame honored the former defensive end with the “Hometown Hall of Famers” plaque at Booker T. Washington High School.
The 11-time Pro Bowl selectee played for the Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins after graduating from Virginia Tech.
He hopes the plaque will serve as inspiration to all the students at Booker T. Washington.
Smith also spoke to the students about the recent violence among teens by encouraging them to make better decisions by getting involved in sports or extracurricular activities.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video