Bruce Smith honored at Booker T. Washington High School
Pro-football legend and Norfolk native Bruce Smith will now have a permanent display at his alma mater for his commitment to the community.
The pro-football Hall of Fame honored the former defensive end with the “Hometown Hall of Famers” plaque at Booker T. Washington High School.
The 11-time Pro Bowl selectee played for the Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins after graduating from Virginia Tech.
He hopes the plaque will serve as inspiration to all the students at Booker T. Washington.
Smith also spoke to the students about the recent violence among teens by encouraging them to make better decisions by getting involved in sports or extracurricular activities.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend