87-year-old Norfolk woman wins $100,000
A Norfolk woman is now the grand prize winner of $100,000.
According to VA Lottery officials, Shirley Gagliardi walked into the Virginia Lottery’s customer service center in Hampton holding a 10X the Money ticket, with just one request: “Take this ticket before I pass out!”
The ticket was a top-prize winner worth $100,000.
Gagliardi, who is 87 years old, bought the winning ticket at Farm Fresh, 179 West Ocean View Avenue in Norfolk. She said she picked 10X the Money because she liked the colors of the ticket.
She said she loves the fun of playing the Lottery. When asked what she intends to do with her winnings, Gagliardi said it “won’t be anything fancy.”
10X the Money (game #1355) features prizes ranging from $5 all the way up to $100,000. This is the first top prize claimed in game #1355, which means four top-prize tickets remain unclaimed.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations