87-year-old Norfolk woman wins $100,000
A Norfolk woman is now the grand prize winner of $100,000.
According to VA Lottery officials, Shirley Gagliardi walked into the Virginia Lottery’s customer service center in Hampton holding a 10X the Money ticket, with just one request: “Take this ticket before I pass out!”
The ticket was a top-prize winner worth $100,000.
Gagliardi, who is 87 years old, bought the winning ticket at Farm Fresh, 179 West Ocean View Avenue in Norfolk. She said she picked 10X the Money because she liked the colors of the ticket.
She said she loves the fun of playing the Lottery. When asked what she intends to do with her winnings, Gagliardi said it “won’t be anything fancy.”
10X the Money (game #1355) features prizes ranging from $5 all the way up to $100,000. This is the first top prize claimed in game #1355, which means four top-prize tickets remain unclaimed.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales