Suffolk veterans cemetery receives federal grant
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has awarded nearly $5 million for operations at state veterans cemeteries in Amelia County and the city of Suffolk, U.S. Sen. Mark R. Warner announced.
The VA awarded $3.3 million to the Albert G. Horton Jr. Memorial Veterans Cemetery in Suffolk and $1.6 million to the Virginia Veterans Cemetery in Amelia.
The grants come from the federal Veterans Cemetery Grants Program, which funds state efforts to establish, expand, operate and improve veterans cemeteries. The funds will support roadway expansions, irrigation improvements and new signage at the Virginia cemeteries.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?