Update: Poquoson will now allow golf carts on certain streets
Poquoson will now have some extra wheels on the road.
The city council voted Tuesday night to let people drive golf carts on certain approved roads in Poquoson.
Last month, city council members held a work session to discuss what roads were safe for golf carts.
All of the streets chosen have a speed limit of 25 miles per hour.
The ordinance also says no golf cart can operate within 150 feet of any intersection of a street with a speed limit over 25 miles per hour.
The ordinance passed 6-1 with some stringent requirements in addition to state laws.
They include inspections, proof of liability insurance and they are not allowed to operate in school zones.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods