Police identify teen killed in Newport News shooting on Arbor Court
According to police, at about 5:08 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a call for gunshots heard in the area of the 600 block of Arbor Court.
When officers arrived, they found an 18-year-old man with multiple gunshot wounds to the face, back and arm.
The victim was transported to a local hospital. He was pronounced dead at 7:01 p.m.
The victim is identified as 18-year-old Malik Nigel Lewis, of Warwick, New York. He was staying with relatives in Newport News, police say.
Residents in the area report seeing 3 to 5 males in the area and hearing 4 to 6 shots.
If you know anything, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Newport News Police id the 18yo victim in yesterday's murder as Malik Lewis of New York, he was here visiting family—
Darragh Copley Frye (@deeintv) October 10, 2012
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place