Friends and family gather at City Hall to honor life of Mayor Holley
Friends, family and elected officials gathered Tuesday night on the steps of City Hall to honor the life of former Portsmouth Mayor Dr. James Holley.
The former mayor was remembered for his many years of service and dedication and his love for the city of Portsmouth. It was a tribute that touched his son Dr. James Holley, IV.
A life celebration service will be held Thursday at Willett Hall in Portsmouth.
Mayor Holley died on Friday after suffering a stroke back in September.
The five-term mayor and civil rights leader was 85.
- USS Enterprise heads out on final voyage
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar