Friends and family gather at City Hall to honor life of Mayor Holley
Friends, family and elected officials gathered Tuesday night on the steps of City Hall to honor the life of former Portsmouth Mayor Dr. James Holley.
The former mayor was remembered for his many years of service and dedication and his love for the city of Portsmouth. It was a tribute that touched his son Dr. James Holley, IV.
A life celebration service will be held Thursday at Willett Hall in Portsmouth.
Mayor Holley died on Friday after suffering a stroke back in September.
The five-term mayor and civil rights leader was 85.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time