Friends and family gather at City Hall to honor life of Mayor Holley
Friends, family and elected officials gathered Tuesday night on the steps of City Hall to honor the life of former Portsmouth Mayor Dr. James Holley.
The former mayor was remembered for his many years of service and dedication and his love for the city of Portsmouth. It was a tribute that touched his son Dr. James Holley, IV.
A life celebration service will be held Thursday at Willett Hall in Portsmouth.
Mayor Holley died on Friday after suffering a stroke back in September.
The five-term mayor and civil rights leader was 85.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!