13-year-old arrested for threatening to blow up Newport News Middle School
Newport News, Va. – A 13-year-old student at Gildersleeve Middle School has been arrested for threatening to blow up the school on Facebook.
Newport News police were notified Monday night by a concerned parent about the Facebook posting.
The student had posted he was “tired of the disrespect at school” and that he might “give a couple of good pipe bombs on people.”
Police took the student into custody at his home in the Denbigh section of the city and he was transported to Juvenile Intake and was charged with threats to bomb.
He was released into the custody of his parents.
No bomb making material was found at the student’s residence and police say the post was made because the student was tired of being picked on.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery