Weekend walk against diabetes event raises $340,000
We asked our NewsChannel 3 viewers to take action and step out and walk to stop diabetes this weekend, and you delivered results!
Between the walk at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront on Saturday and the rainy walk in Smithfield on Sunday, you helped to raise 340, 000 dollars!
The walk at the beach grew to 1,500 folks stepping out this year and 225 hearty souls gathered in Smithfield under rainy skies to do their part.
And of course we couldn`t have done it without our top sponsors Walgreens, Farm Fresh and Subway.
Every 16 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes. The money will go to help find a cure, hopefully in our lifetime.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend