North Carolina mother faces charges for tattooing 11-year-old daughter
PAMLICO COUNTY, NC (WCTI) – Police in North Carolina arrested a mother last month for giving her daughter a tattoo.
According to the investigators, Odessa Clay told them her 11-year-old asked for the tattoo, so she used her own tools to give her one. It’s apparently a small heart near the girl’s shoulder.
However, officers said Clay said to them she didn’t know it was illegal to tattoo someone under 18, even with parental permission.
Clay said she thinks an ex in-law turned her in because she filed a complaint against her daughter’s paternal grandfather.
Clay is scheduled to appear in court next month.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!