North Carolina mother faces charges for tattooing 11-year-old daughter
PAMLICO COUNTY, NC (WCTI) – Police in North Carolina arrested a mother last month for giving her daughter a tattoo.
According to the investigators, Odessa Clay told them her 11-year-old asked for the tattoo, so she used her own tools to give her one. It’s apparently a small heart near the girl’s shoulder.
However, officers said Clay said to them she didn’t know it was illegal to tattoo someone under 18, even with parental permission.
Clay said she thinks an ex in-law turned her in because she filed a complaint against her daughter’s paternal grandfather.
Clay is scheduled to appear in court next month.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend