Coast Guard searches for overdue boaters along Eastern Shore
Portsmouth, Va. — The Coast Guard is searching for two overdue boaters aboard a 38-foot pleasure craft who departed Ocean City, Md., Saturday morning and did not arrive in Chincoteague, Va., Saturday evening as expected.
Missing are Mike Bramlett, 51, and Donald Bramlett, 54.
Mike Bramlett’s wife contacted Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads watchstanders at approximately 8:30 a.m. Sunday, reporting her husband and his brother are aboard the pleasure craft Reel Fun and did not arrive as expected in Chincoteague.
Sector Hampton Roads watchstanders issued an urgent marine information broadcast, diverted the crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Mako, an 87-foot patrol boat homeported in Cape May, N.J., and dispatched an aircrew aboard an HC-130 Hercules aircraft from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C., to search for the overdue boat.
Anyone with information regarding the overdue boaters is encouraged to contact the command center at 757-483-8567.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales