One dead after train, tractor trailer collide in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – According to Suffolk police, a tractor trailer and a train were involved in an accident at 1325 Portsmouth Blvd. in the eastbound lanes.
Officials say this occurred at 2:32 p.m Thursday at the tracks leading into O’Malley’s Used Auto Parts & U/C.
Officials say the CSX diesel engine was pulling four railcars loaded with rock.
The driver of the 18-wheeler was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The train conductor was not injured in the accident.
The CSX engineer and conductor were evaluated at the scene but did not require medical attention.
A CSX crane was brought in to remove the debris from the railroad tracks.
Police are still investigating.
Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen