3 Hampton inmates accused of helping other inmate escape
According to the Hampton Sheriff’s Office, three inmates have now been charged in the assistance of Michael Stanback, a convicted bank robber who admitted to escaping from the Hampton Correctional Facility last month.
Police say an anonymous caller identified Stanback at a local restaurant, got the vehicle license plate number and forwarded it to the Sheriff’s Office. Stanback was later arrested.
Officials say they are now in the process of installing reinforced security wire with motion sensors around the recreation yard.
Inmates Tyshaun A. Baker, William Stanley, III, and John F. Lewis, Jr., were arraigned on the charge of Aid Prisoner Escape.
A court date is scheduled for November 14, 2012.
They are now being held at the Hampton Roads Regional Jail.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'