3 Hampton inmates accused of helping other inmate escape
According to the Hampton Sheriff’s Office, three inmates have now been charged in the assistance of Michael Stanback, a convicted bank robber who admitted to escaping from the Hampton Correctional Facility last month.
Police say an anonymous caller identified Stanback at a local restaurant, got the vehicle license plate number and forwarded it to the Sheriff’s Office. Stanback was later arrested.
Officials say they are now in the process of installing reinforced security wire with motion sensors around the recreation yard.
Inmates Tyshaun A. Baker, William Stanley, III, and John F. Lewis, Jr., were arraigned on the charge of Aid Prisoner Escape.
A court date is scheduled for November 14, 2012.
They are now being held at the Hampton Roads Regional Jail.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch