Long John Silver’s robber wanted in Hampton, may be connected to other robberies
Police in Hampton need your help solving a robbery.
It happened Monday night at the Long John Silver’s in the 900 block of Big Bethel Road.
They think it could be the latest in a string of robberies by the same person.
Since November of 2011, there have been 30 robberies at businesses in Newport News, Hampton and York County that police believe are connected.
For this latest one, police say a man walked into the Long John Silver’s just after 10 p.m. Monday night, pulled out a gun and demanded money.
He got away with the cash. No one was hurt.
Police are now looking for an African-American man in his thirties. They say he’s about 5’8 and between 180 and 200 pounds and was wearing a fake beard.
The description of the suspect – including that fake beard – is similar to the description of the man who robbed the Family Dollar on Aberdeen Road in Hampton earlier this month.
In that case, the workers at the store ran from the robber, and he didn`t get any money.
That same person is suspected of robbing more than 20 places on the Peninsula over the past 11 months.
If you have any information, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize