Taking Action: Can political parties collect absentee ballot applications?
Every Virginia voter knows how it feels to be bombarded with political mailers, but one from the Republican Party of Virginia caught the attention of Norfolk voter Debbie Ennis.
“I just did not feel comfortable with this,” said Ennis.
The mailer urges voters to fill out the enclosed Virginia absentee ballot application form, in order ‘to avoid the lines on Election Day.’
“I was concerned that they are asking for your social security number, and it’s being mailed back to the Republican Party office in Richmond, not to the local Norfolk voter registration office,” said Ennis. “I just thought, is this legitimate? What is the motivation behind this? Which people are responsible for doing this?”
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified