Taking Action: Can political parties collect absentee ballot applications?
Every Virginia voter knows how it feels to be bombarded with political mailers, but one from the Republican Party of Virginia caught the attention of Norfolk voter Debbie Ennis.
“I just did not feel comfortable with this,” said Ennis.
The mailer urges voters to fill out the enclosed Virginia absentee ballot application form, in order ‘to avoid the lines on Election Day.’
“I was concerned that they are asking for your social security number, and it’s being mailed back to the Republican Party office in Richmond, not to the local Norfolk voter registration office,” said Ennis. “I just thought, is this legitimate? What is the motivation behind this? Which people are responsible for doing this?”
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains