Fire destroys Hampton home
Hampton Va. – A Hampton home was destroyed Sunday morning in a blaze that resulted in one firefighter being treated for heat exhaustion.
Hampton fire units responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Rockwell Rd. at 10am and found heavy flames coming from the house.
Crews managed to bring the fire under control in about an hour despite the home’s location on a small private road that fire trucks could not fit down.
One firefighter was transported for possible heat exhaustion to Sentara Careplex Hospital and has been released.
The homeowners did not suffer any injuries in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation by the Hampton Fire Marshalls Bureau.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified