Fire destroys Hampton home
Hampton Va. – A Hampton home was destroyed Sunday morning in a blaze that resulted in one firefighter being treated for heat exhaustion.
Hampton fire units responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Rockwell Rd. at 10am and found heavy flames coming from the house.
Crews managed to bring the fire under control in about an hour despite the home’s location on a small private road that fire trucks could not fit down.
One firefighter was transported for possible heat exhaustion to Sentara Careplex Hospital and has been released.
The homeowners did not suffer any injuries in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation by the Hampton Fire Marshalls Bureau.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?