Fire destroys Hampton home
Hampton Va. – A Hampton home was destroyed Sunday morning in a blaze that resulted in one firefighter being treated for heat exhaustion.
Hampton fire units responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Rockwell Rd. at 10am and found heavy flames coming from the house.
Crews managed to bring the fire under control in about an hour despite the home’s location on a small private road that fire trucks could not fit down.
One firefighter was transported for possible heat exhaustion to Sentara Careplex Hospital and has been released.
The homeowners did not suffer any injuries in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation by the Hampton Fire Marshalls Bureau.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations