Tonight at 11: The Good News for Larry
One man’s challenge became a labor of love.
It started with a call to NewsChannel 3, and it ended with proof that we live in a community that cares.
Larry Girven says rain reminds him of a storm of bad luck two years ago that changed his life .
He was on the roof, helping his mom remove tree limbs and lost a limb in the process.
But make no mistake, Larry Girven is a proud man. He maneuvers his motorized wheelchair like it’s an extension of his body.
He is an amputee with a partially paralyzed arm, yet fiercely independent.
That is, until his lifeline, the lift that allows him to drive his van gives him freedom of movement, had a problem.
Living on a fixed income, Larry couldn’t afford the repairs.
His neighbor and friend, George ,uses the hand crank to get him in but with no one on the other side of his destination, he can’t get out on his own.
Tonight at 11, we combine our resources with a local business to get results for Larry.
Join us for the good news!
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’