Former Portsmouth Mayor Holley hospitalized following stroke
Former Portsmouth Mayor James Holley is in intensive care this morning.
Officials say Holley had a stroke over the weekend. Portsmouth Sheriff Bill Watson confirmed the news Wednesday morning.
Watson says the former mayor had the stroke during a fundraiser on Saturday.
Paramedics rushed Holley to Maryview Medical Center in Portsmouth.
Since then, he’s moved to DePaul Medical Center in Norfolk.
That hospital will not release any information about his condition. But, we do know he is in intensive care.
Holley was mayor of Portsmouth twice – most recently, serving until a recall election forced him out in 2010.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found