Two men lured to apartment then shot in Norfolk
Police say Michael Gray is one of three men who shot and killed a man off Berkley Avenue in Norfolk two months ago.
In a handful of search warrants filed in Norfolk Court, NewsChannel 3 has learned more about how the murder happened.
But still many questions remain unanswered by Norfolk Police, like what was the motive?
On July 19th, two men were supposed to meet up with two women at their apartment on Mahone Avenue. Police aren’t saying what brought them there, only that they had followed them after talking to them on the phone.
Witnesses tell NewsChannel 3 that as soon as the two victims got out of their car that was in the back parking lot, three men with guns drawn came out of a walkway.
The search warrant says they had a handgun and a shotgun.
Witnesses say they heard several shots. By the time police got there, 50-year-old Douglas Jones was dead after being shot in the stomach. But one victim survived, and police were able to get valuable information that led them to identify Gray as a suspect.
Search warrants allowed police to check Gray’s phone records for the day leading up to the shooting and he was arrested.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it