One confirmed death in Moyock mobile home fire
At least one person is dead following a house fire in a mobile home in Moyock, NC on Tuesday.
Neighbors say the man was home alone. His friends and neighbors tried to save him but it was too late.
“We grabbed a hose, and tried to bust the window out and tried to put it out. And then his wife runs up and says, ‘Oh, he’s in there.’ So we were trying to find him,” says a neighbor.
The victim’s wife thought that he was in the bedroom, but he was not there. So the neighbor and a friend searched through the rest of the home.
They found the man and took him out on the porch.
“As soon as we got him to the porch, we just stopped. I was like, ‘Oh, my God.”
Firefighters then arrived to save what they could. For this community, the loss of the man is more than they can handle.
“I’m just heartbroken because a good friend of mine is gone like that,” the neighbor says. “I mean we’re right here, we see him every day. I mean yeah, he is a good guy, he’s a truck driver, he’s a good man. That’s all I can say.”
The victim lived in the home with his wife and children.
Currituck fire crews are still investigating the case.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified