Man charged for punching, throwing man into glass aquarium
Newport News police have arrested 21-year-old Justin Byars for malicious wounding.
Police say on Saturday, Byars punched a 22-year-old man in the head, and then threw him into a glass aquarium. It happened in an apartment unit in Newport News. The victim told police Byars came into the apartment, and assaulted him; Byars claims the victim woke him up from sleep earlier that day.
Police say the victim suffered several lacerations to his hand, and forearm after the attack. They say the victim was driven to the hospital by a friend, where he received stitches for his injuries.
The victim contacted police after hospital treatment, and reported the incident.
Police arrested 21-year-old Justin Byars of the 100 block of Woodland Drive, on Sunday. He is facing malicious wounding charges.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates, and starting First at Four.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested