Man charged for punching, throwing man into glass aquarium
Newport News police have arrested 21-year-old Justin Byars for malicious wounding.
Police say on Saturday, Byars punched a 22-year-old man in the head, and then threw him into a glass aquarium. It happened in an apartment unit in Newport News. The victim told police Byars came into the apartment, and assaulted him; Byars claims the victim woke him up from sleep earlier that day.
Police say the victim suffered several lacerations to his hand, and forearm after the attack. They say the victim was driven to the hospital by a friend, where he received stitches for his injuries.
The victim contacted police after hospital treatment, and reported the incident.
Police arrested 21-year-old Justin Byars of the 100 block of Woodland Drive, on Sunday. He is facing malicious wounding charges.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates, and starting First at Four.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home