York Co. man behind bars, faces assault charges
A York County man is now behind bars and faces assault and maiming charges after a fight early Thursday morning.
On September 20, 2012 at approximately 12:47 a.m., Williamsburg police responded to a fight in the 400 block of Merrimac Trail.
Police arrived and found that one of the people involved in the domestic altercation, Tony Banks, ran away from the scene.
Banks is described as a 42-year-old black man, residing in the 100 block of Bethune Drive in York County.
Officials say Banks is charged with Maiming and Felony Domestic Assault.
York County Sheriff’s deputies located Banks at his home. He was apprehended without incident, they say.
Banks is currently being held at the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail.
The victim was transported to Riverside Hospital for medical treatment. Her wounds were not critical, according to police officials.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales