Report: Military vote seen as a key to capturing Virginia
Both presidential campaigns are focusing on just a few swing states, and the relatively few remaining undecided voters. One of those states is Virginia, where a key swing constituency is military veterans.
Troops and veterans have long been considered a natural part of the Republican base. But President Obama is pushing hard for the veterans’ vote to help him in a state he captured in 2008.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize