Hampton police seize $500,000 worth of cocaine, over $400,000 in cash after traffic stop
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police seized five kilos of cocaine and over $400,000 in cash after pulling over a car near the intersection of I-64 and I-664 on Thursday.
Detectives assigned to the Special Investigation Unit initially stopped the 2000 Lincoln Town Car at 08:09 p.m. for having defective equipment.
During the traffic stop, a police K-9 alerted on the vehicle for narcotics.
Police then searched the car and found five kilos of cocaine with an estimated street value of $500,000.00 in the trunk.
The driver, 37-year-old Manzais Antwan Givens of Hampton, was arrested and charged with one count of Possession of Cocaine with the Intent to Distribute.
As detectives continued their investigation they served a search warrant on a 2010 Toyota Camry in the 2000 block of Nickerson Boulevard. During the search of that car they found $400,100.00 in U.S. currency.
Givens remains in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam