NAS Oceana Air Show this weekend
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – The 2012 NAS Oceana Air Show, Sept. 14, 15, and 16 will showcase the very best of military and civilian aviation for spectators from around the world who travel to Virginia Beach just to attend the annual Air Show.
With the Navy hosting War of 1812 commemorations around the country this year, the Oceana Air Show is themed “Our Flag was still there.”
The Air Show officially kicks off at 5:30 p.m. Friday evening, Sept. 14 with the stunning Twilight Air Show.
Admission and parking are free and gates open at 5 p.m.
The Air Show’s main event occurs on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 15-16, with the gates opening at 8 a.m. and the U.S. Navy Demonstration Team, The Blue Angels, scheduled to conclude each day’s show with their legendary performances.
On Saturday night, Sept. 15, the Beach Blast begins at 6:30 p.m. with a free concert at the 31st Street Park, an F/A-18 Super Hornet after-burner flyover, night parachute jumps by the British Red Devils and an introduction to the men and women of the Blue Angels team.
For more information on the NAS Oceana Air Show, visit http://www.oceanaairshow.com.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations