NAS Oceana Air Show this weekend
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – The 2012 NAS Oceana Air Show, Sept. 14, 15, and 16 will showcase the very best of military and civilian aviation for spectators from around the world who travel to Virginia Beach just to attend the annual Air Show.
With the Navy hosting War of 1812 commemorations around the country this year, the Oceana Air Show is themed “Our Flag was still there.”
The Air Show officially kicks off at 5:30 p.m. Friday evening, Sept. 14 with the stunning Twilight Air Show.
Admission and parking are free and gates open at 5 p.m.
The Air Show’s main event occurs on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 15-16, with the gates opening at 8 a.m. and the U.S. Navy Demonstration Team, The Blue Angels, scheduled to conclude each day’s show with their legendary performances.
On Saturday night, Sept. 15, the Beach Blast begins at 6:30 p.m. with a free concert at the 31st Street Park, an F/A-18 Super Hornet after-burner flyover, night parachute jumps by the British Red Devils and an introduction to the men and women of the Blue Angels team.
For more information on the NAS Oceana Air Show, visit http://www.oceanaairshow.com.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's