Trial for accused mastermind of USS Cole attack will not be televised
The trial for the man accused of masterminding the attack on the USS Cole will not be televised.
Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri is scheduled to be tried in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
On October 12th, 2000, seventeen sailors were killed when the Cole was bombed in a Yemeni port.
A small craft approached the ship and set off a bomb.
39 sailors were injured in the attack.
The judge said media will be allowed to travel to Gitmo for the trial, just no televising.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!