Infant in serious condition after being found in pool
Children were comforted by family friends outside a Chesapeake home where an 18-month-old girl was found in a pool this evening.
She is currently in serious condition.
It’s difficult to explain to young children, but age doesn’t make it any easier.
Crime tape surrounds the family’s above ground pool. A police chaplain talked to people grieving.
A family friend tells Newschannel 3 the infant’s father rode in the ambulance with his little girl to Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
It happened just before 6 p.m. on Thursday evening, and as police cars lined Indigo Road, neighbors took notice, worry set in as they heard the news.
“It’s absolutely terrible,” said Peter Stevens, a neighbor. “I have an 18-month-old daughter myself. I cannot imagine what they’re going through. There’s no words for that.”
Investigators in the backyard compared notes. On the other side of the house, a few family friends came together.
Armed with prayers, they’re hoping for the best.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected