Three arrested for “Spice” charges in Carrollton
According to officials with the Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office, deputies have arrested three people and are still looking for one other suspect, wanted for the sale and distribution of “Spice” at the Carrollton Tobacco Shop, located at 23305 Sugar Hill Road in Carrollton.
That’s near Route 17, three miles south of the James River Bridge.
Deputies say the Sheriff’s office had received numerous complaints from citizens reporting the sale of “Spice” at the shop, dating back to January.
The Isle of Wight Sheriff’s Office and the Virginia State Police then joined forces for an undercover operation, targeting the sale of the synthetic cannabinoids, also known as “Spice”. Since then, over the counter purchases of “Spice” have been made by undercover law enforcement officers.
Watch NewsChannel 3 tonight starting First at Four for the complete report.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales