Three arrested for “Spice” charges in Carrollton
According to officials with the Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office, deputies have arrested three people and are still looking for one other suspect, wanted for the sale and distribution of “Spice” at the Carrollton Tobacco Shop, located at 23305 Sugar Hill Road in Carrollton.
That’s near Route 17, three miles south of the James River Bridge.
Deputies say the Sheriff’s office had received numerous complaints from citizens reporting the sale of “Spice” at the shop, dating back to January.
The Isle of Wight Sheriff’s Office and the Virginia State Police then joined forces for an undercover operation, targeting the sale of the synthetic cannabinoids, also known as “Spice”. Since then, over the counter purchases of “Spice” have been made by undercover law enforcement officers.
Watch NewsChannel 3 tonight starting First at Four for the complete report.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave