Women to serve on attack submarines in 2013
Another milestone for women in the military is swiftly approaching.
2013 will be the first year women will serve on attack submarines.
This is the next step in integrating women into the Navy’s submarine force.
Among the first women on subs are two pioneering women with ties to Hampton Roads.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home