Women to serve on attack submarines in 2013
Another milestone for women in the military is swiftly approaching.
2013 will be the first year women will serve on attack submarines.
This is the next step in integrating women into the Navy’s submarine force.
Among the first women on subs are two pioneering women with ties to Hampton Roads.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket