August Weather Recap
In many ways August 2012′s weather was very “typical” but not as “average” as you might think. Let’s take a look at the temperature and rainfall numbers from across the WTKR viewing area.
High/Low: 92/69, 10 days at 90+
17 days above average, 13 days below average, 1 day at average high
Rainfall: 6.13″, +0.61″ vs average, 13 days with measurable rain
High/Low: 93/70, 16 days at 90+
Rainfall: 6.15″, -0.49″ vs average, 13 days with measurable rain
High/Low: 91/64, 2 days at 90+
Rainfall: 5.97″, +1.78″ vs average, 10 days with measurable rain
High/Low: 90/70, 2 days at 90+
Rainfall: 5.35″, -1.58″ vs average, 21 days with measurable rain
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship