2-year-old boy dies after being shot in the head in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – The father of a dead two-year-old runs to his house. There’s no way to cure his pain.
His young son was upstairs in a bedroom closet when he was shot in the head.
Police try to comfort the man as he approaches the crime tape that surrounds his home.
An unfathomable tragedy on Labor Day, police still have many questions to how this sad event happened.
“We’re still trying to figure out if it’s self-inflected,” said Jason Price with the Hampton Police Department. “There were two other juveniles in the house, a four-year-old and a one-year-old and we’re still trying to make sure that it wasn’t accidental and maybe he was shot by on of his siblings.”
The mother was downstairs, while the three children were playing upstairs.
The two-year-old was rushed to the hospital, but it was too late and the boy was pronounced dead.
It’s in cul-de-sacs like this one, family’s assume their children will always be safe.
It’s what brings them to neighborhoods like this one on Flinton Drive, their neighbors can hardly believe it.
As they look on, talking and sympathize with one another, how could something so accidental and sudden cause such permanent heartbreak?
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury