Man wanted for wallet theft in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach police are looking for a man wanted for stealing a wallet at a Walmart store.
On Friday, April 6, 2012, police say a woman was leaving the Walmart store located at 689 Phoenix Drive, when she realized she had left her wallet in a shopping cart. She returned to the store and tried to find her wallet. When she was unable to find it, she contacted a Loss Prevention Officer.
Officials tell NewsChannel 3 the Loss Prevention Officer saw a suspect taking an item from a shopping cart and walking back into the store. The suspect was seen taking the victim’s wallet into the men’s room and leaving the store without it. The item was retrieved, but the victim’s money was missing.
The suspect is described as a white male, about 5’11 to 6’, and appears to be in his late 20s or early 30s.
Police are asking for the public’s assistance in finding this man.
Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call the Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887) or text VBTIP with your information to CRIMES (274697).
Callers remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home