USS Fort Worth arrives in Norfolk
The USS Fort Worth arrived at Naval Station Norfolk today.
One of the Navy’s newest ships ported for helicopter training before the crew heads to Galveston, Texas for her commissioning ceremony.
The ship is designed to operate near-shore, but it can be used for open-ocean operations.
The ship is the third littoral combat ship in the fleet and will be based in San Diego after commissioning next month.Submit Your Photo
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket