USS Fort Worth arrives in Norfolk
The USS Fort Worth arrived at Naval Station Norfolk today.
One of the Navy’s newest ships ported for helicopter training before the crew heads to Galveston, Texas for her commissioning ceremony.
The ship is designed to operate near-shore, but it can be used for open-ocean operations.
The ship is the third littoral combat ship in the fleet and will be based in San Diego after commissioning next month.Submit Your Photo
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations