Victim says he was shot at party in Chesapeake
Chesapeake police need information on a shooting that happened overnight, which left one person injured.
On Thursday, August 23, 2012 at approximately 2:30 a.m., Chesapeake police officers responded to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in reference to a shooting victim.
Police met a male victim at the hospital, who says that he was at a party in the area of Drayton Road when he was shot.
The victim’s injuries are non-life threatening, officials say.
The area of Drayton Road was checked by police, and no party could be found.
There were no calls for shots fired, nor any other calls for police assistance from that area.
The victim was unable to provide any suspect information, police say.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, or text “CHESTIP” to CRIMES (27437). Individuals can also submit their tip online at chesapeakecrimeline.org.
More information will be released as it becomes available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend