Victim says he was shot at party in Chesapeake
Chesapeake police need information on a shooting that happened overnight, which left one person injured.
On Thursday, August 23, 2012 at approximately 2:30 a.m., Chesapeake police officers responded to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in reference to a shooting victim.
Police met a male victim at the hospital, who says that he was at a party in the area of Drayton Road when he was shot.
The victim’s injuries are non-life threatening, officials say.
The area of Drayton Road was checked by police, and no party could be found.
There were no calls for shots fired, nor any other calls for police assistance from that area.
The victim was unable to provide any suspect information, police say.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, or text “CHESTIP” to CRIMES (27437). Individuals can also submit their tip online at chesapeakecrimeline.org.
More information will be released as it becomes available.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel