USS Miami will cost at least 450 million to repair
The bill to fix the USS Miami Submarine has jumped to 450 million dollars.
The sub was heavily damaged by an arsonist in May while dry docked at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in New Hampshire.
The figure is 50 million more than the first estimate and the Navy says it could go up another 45 million.
Casey Fury – a civilian worker at the shipyard – is accused of setting the fire.
According to NCIS investigators, Fury started the fire to get out of work.
He’s currently awaiting trial where he could face life in prison.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students