Report: Albuquerque woman sells ‘meth-inspired’ candy
ALBUQUERQUE, NM (CNN) – The owner of an Albuquerque candy shop is trying to capitalize on the popularity of the AMC show “Breaking Bad,” which is set in the city. In the show, a chemistry teacher becomes a crystal meth dealer.
Debbie Hall, known as the Candy Lady, decided to become a dealer of her own kind. She’s selling meth-inspired candy. It’s just crushed up colored rock candy but she says tourists are eating it up.
“Crystal meth, yeah which isn’t the best thing in the world, it’s not the best thing to replicate. We’ve gone through probably several hundred bags.”
Each bag of the candy costs a dollar.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's