Newport News man in critical condition after being shot twice
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News man is in critical condition after being shot early Sunday morning.
At about 5:00 A.M. Sunday police responding to a report of a shooting victim in the 600 block of 30th Street found Robert Henry Brown, Jr. lying on the front porch of a residence suffering at least two gunshot wounds, one to the chest and one to the head area. He was transported to a local hospital with life threatening injuries.
Residents of the home told police they heard several gunshots and checked outside, finding Brown. Brown is not a resident of the home.
Anyone with information is asked to call Newport News Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers are reminded that they may remain totally anonymous, are never required to testify in court and could be eligible for a cash reward for information leading to an arrest.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom