Officials try to figure out how to repair USS Porter
The Norfolk-based USS Porter is tied up at a pier in the United Arab Emirates while officials try to figure out how to repair it.
The guided missile destroyer collided with a Japanese oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz this weekend.
Now according to Navy officials, the ship’s commanding officer has not been relieved of duty.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'