Taking Action: When will HRT replace a Norfolk bus shelter?
NewsChannel 3 took action to find out when a replacement bus stop shelter will be installed.
This came after Hampton Roads Transit’s Facebook page had some customer concerns about that.
HRT says the $8,400 replacement shelter at Waterside Drive and Commercial Place has been ordered and is expected to be installed this month or next month, depending on when it’ll be shipped from the manufacturer.
HRT says the old shelter was damaged by a car crash back in May, and it was taken out shortly afterward. That’s meant people were waiting for the 960, 8 and other buses in the blazing sun and rain.
Not anymore, says HRT, with the new one expected to be in soon.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder