Taking Action: When will HRT replace a Norfolk bus shelter?
NewsChannel 3 took action to find out when a replacement bus stop shelter will be installed.
This came after Hampton Roads Transit’s Facebook page had some customer concerns about that.
HRT says the $8,400 replacement shelter at Waterside Drive and Commercial Place has been ordered and is expected to be installed this month or next month, depending on when it’ll be shipped from the manufacturer.
HRT says the old shelter was damaged by a car crash back in May, and it was taken out shortly afterward. That’s meant people were waiting for the 960, 8 and other buses in the blazing sun and rain.
Not anymore, says HRT, with the new one expected to be in soon.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations