Taking Action Getting a Job: Primary Software Engineer
Employer name: CACI, Inc. – Federal
Job order number: 304062
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of software within the One NALCOMIS project, in Norfolk, VA. The selected candidate will perform the following:
- Work closely with the customer to define software requirements.
- Write complex software code.
- Lead code and design reviews.
- Design and execute software tests.
- Identify and report software problems. Develop software trouble reports. Debug and validate fix.
- Employ industry best practices.
- Lead junior software developers in the software development process.
Requires a bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, Engineering or related field) or equivalent experience, 10 to 12 years of related software development experience. This experience must include:
- Six years of experience in Business IT/C2 Support Systems.
- Three years direct experience with UNIX, SYBASE, Windows and/or LINUX.
- Core Java Skills
- Java Programming Language (Java 2 5.0 or 6.0 preferred)
- Object Oriented Design
- Design Patterns
- Inversion of Control, Spring experience a plus
- Universal Modeling Language (UML)
- Prior experience in non-maintenance development
- New enterprise business systems preferred, especially SOA and J2EE systems
- Test Driven Development using JUnit and/or Selenium
- Enterprise Java Development Skills
- Experience working on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems
- J2EE, experience on the JBoss platform preferred
- Web Services Development
- SOAP or REST services, both preferred
- Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
- Service Mediation systems experience a small plus
- Enterprise JavaBean experience (EJB2.x or EJB3)
- Business Process Management using jBPM. (Service Orchestration)
- Database Programming (SQL) and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) using
- Hibernate or the Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Sybase experience a plus
- Event stream processing using Esper a plus
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- eXtensible Markup Language (XML) and Schemas (XSD)
- XML StyleSheet Transformations (XSLT)
- Service Discovery using UDDI is a nice to have, but not a discriminator
- Application Performance Optimization experienc
- Web Services Development
- Experience with the following development tools:
- Eclipse IDE
- Java Build Systems (Ant and/or Maven)
- JBoss Drools
Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
The following user interface specialist skills are a big plus:
- Web Application Performance optimization experience a plus (Async Splitting, YSlow, etc)
- Java Portlets (Version 2, JSR268 preferred, and Gadget Experience a plus)
- Basic HTML and CSS web page authoring
- Basic Web Graphics understanding (Web Safe Color Schemes, etc…)
- DOJO experience a plus
- Human Systems Integration (Usability Testing Experience)
- RSS/RDF/Atom Formats
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (will be required post hire)
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's