Report: Obama related to legendary Virginia slave, genealogist says
(WDBJ7) WASHINGTON – For genealogists, President Obama’s family tree is the gift that keeps on giving.
There was Dick Cheney, Warren Buffett and Sarah Palin. On Monday, genealogists added another notable figure to Obama’s unlikely list of relatives: John Punch, a Virginia slave that some historians consider the first African enslaved in the colonies.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight