Currituck County teacher arrested on charges of having sexual relationship with students
Currituck County, NC – A Currituck County high school teacher was arrested on Friday for allegedly having a sexual relationship with two students.
44-year-old Christina Corbo has been indicted on five counts of sexual activity by a custodian.
The case began on June 8 when the Currituck County Sheriff’s Office was notified by the Currituck County school system that Corbo may have had an inappropriate relationship with two students.
A Grand Jury indicted Corbo on the five counts on July 23.
She was released on a $10,000 secured bond after her arrest Friday.
Currituck County Schools released this statement about Corbo:
“Currituck County Schools takes all allegations and reports of this nature seriously. We cannot, however, comment on any personnel matter except to say that we accepted the resignation of Christina Corbo on June 13, 2012.”
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize