Beach city manager names task force to address issues at child-welfare agency
The Virginia Beach city manager has named a task force to fix the city`s troubled child-welfare agency.
This is in response to NewsChannel 3`s investigation into Baby Braxton and how social workers repeatedly missed signs of the awful abuse inflicted by his second foster mother. She was later convicted of manslaughter.
Our investigation into the shortcomings of child-welfare led to a state review.
The state issued a stinging report calling for major changes in the agency.
Five of the seven task-force members are city employees. They must develop a plan to fix the agency, and that plan will be reviewed by independent experts.
The state says this must be done by September 1st.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified