Smash and grab vehicle larceny reported in Greenbrier
Chesapeake police say on June 21st, 2012, a woman went to watch a softball game at Sparrow Intermediate located on Sparrow Road in Chesapeake, and someone smashed out the back window of her car and stole her purse from the back seat.
They say the purse contained cash, checks, credit cards, gift cards and jewelry. Police say a man was seen getting out of a vehicle after the woman parked her car and placed her purse in the back seat.
Police say several other larcenies have occurred in the same area and in all of the instances, the parking area is located near a recreation type of event or business.
Police are advising citizens to lock valuables in the trunk of their vehicles or find better ways to hide valuables if they do not have a trunk.
If you have any information about this crime or the car in the photos, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?