Lawsuit against tunnel toll plans
A group opposing plans to put tolls on the Downtown and Midtown Tunnel, plans to file a lawsuit against it today.
VDOT has an agreement with the private company Elizabeth River Crossings to charge tolls on the Downtown and Midtown tunnels.
In exchange, the company will build a second tube at the Midtown, and improve the Downtown Tunnel.
Opponents hope the courts will rule the deal is unconstitutional.
Once it’s filed, NewsChannel 3 will have details on the suit.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder