Baby bears rescued in Chesapeake
According to http://www.wildlifecenter.org, on July 10, two black bear cubs were found wandering by the side of a highway in Chesapeake. No mother bear was found in the area. The bears were taken to the Center on Wednesday.
They say the cubs were thin, but they appeared to be healthy. Both weighed in at just over seven pounds.
The cubs will be spending their first night in the center’s holding room in an enclosure.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years