Norfolk 3-year-old shot in hand now recovering
The gunshot wound is now covered by a cast, applied by emergency room doctors last night after the three-year old boy was shot in the hand.
His parents aren’t facing charges, though, according to police, charges are pending.
The boy’s father was too upset to talk about the shooting today. He didn’t want to say how the boy got the gun.
Police say the gun was left unattended and the child found it and shot himself.
Medics and investigators went to their home on Plymouth Street just after 4 p.m. yesterday when a 911 call was made.
His father talked to NewsChannel 3 off camera. He says he carried his son to medics who then took him to CHKD where he was treated.
The father said the bullet went through one side of the boy’s hand and then out the other.
But he was told by doctors that there are no broken bones or fractures.
His family and neighbors are relieved.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested