Fallen Beach SEAL nominated for Wounded Warrior award
It’s been almost a year since a special forces Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan killing 30 Americans including Navy SEALs from Virginia Beach-based SEAL Team Six. It was the deadliest single attack in the 10-plus year war in Afghanistan.
One of those Beach SEALs killed, Christopher Campbell, is proving his heroism did not die with him. He’s been nominated for the Wounded Warrior Project’s Carry Forward award. The reason – a handwritten note in his will asking his family to get 100, 000 people to donate to the Wounded Warrior project.
To date, nearly 700 people have donated more than $67, 000.
Online voting for the award is open until July 31st.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains