Fallen Beach SEAL nominated for Wounded Warrior award
It’s been almost a year since a special forces Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan killing 30 Americans including Navy SEALs from Virginia Beach-based SEAL Team Six. It was the deadliest single attack in the 10-plus year war in Afghanistan.
One of those Beach SEALs killed, Christopher Campbell, is proving his heroism did not die with him. He’s been nominated for the Wounded Warrior Project’s Carry Forward award. The reason – a handwritten note in his will asking his family to get 100, 000 people to donate to the Wounded Warrior project.
To date, nearly 700 people have donated more than $67, 000.
Online voting for the award is open until July 31st.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million