Fallen Beach SEAL nominated for Wounded Warrior award
It’s been almost a year since a special forces Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan killing 30 Americans including Navy SEALs from Virginia Beach-based SEAL Team Six. It was the deadliest single attack in the 10-plus year war in Afghanistan.
One of those Beach SEALs killed, Christopher Campbell, is proving his heroism did not die with him. He’s been nominated for the Wounded Warrior Project’s Carry Forward award. The reason – a handwritten note in his will asking his family to get 100, 000 people to donate to the Wounded Warrior project.
To date, nearly 700 people have donated more than $67, 000.
Online voting for the award is open until July 31st.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel