Fallen Beach SEAL nominated for Wounded Warrior award
It’s been almost a year since a special forces Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan killing 30 Americans including Navy SEALs from Virginia Beach-based SEAL Team Six. It was the deadliest single attack in the 10-plus year war in Afghanistan.
One of those Beach SEALs killed, Christopher Campbell, is proving his heroism did not die with him. He’s been nominated for the Wounded Warrior Project’s Carry Forward award. The reason – a handwritten note in his will asking his family to get 100, 000 people to donate to the Wounded Warrior project.
To date, nearly 700 people have donated more than $67, 000.
Online voting for the award is open until July 31st.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's