Fallen Beach SEAL nominated for Wounded Warrior award
It’s been almost a year since a special forces Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan killing 30 Americans including Navy SEALs from Virginia Beach-based SEAL Team Six. It was the deadliest single attack in the 10-plus year war in Afghanistan.
One of those Beach SEALs killed, Christopher Campbell, is proving his heroism did not die with him. He’s been nominated for the Wounded Warrior Project’s Carry Forward award. The reason – a handwritten note in his will asking his family to get 100, 000 people to donate to the Wounded Warrior project.
To date, nearly 700 people have donated more than $67, 000.
Online voting for the award is open until July 31st.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS