Officer’s widow finally gets answers after 2 years
The news of someone finally charged in the murder of officer Victor Decker is something his widow Dawn has waited nearly two years to hear.
As the days following his murder turned into months, Dawn shared what it was like trying to carry on without her husband and without any answers.
“We’re making it. Taking it one day at a time and some days are harder than others and some days it’s easier to get through,” she said.
Dawn and Victor Decker had married about a year and half before his death and together had their daughter Charlotte.
She was only about eight-months-old when her dad was killed. Dawn told us though her husband is gone, she sees glimpses of him in their little girl.
“She has these moments where she looks exactly like him, a mannerism of some sort or a wicked grin he would have had on his face and it’s bitter sweet to see all the moments that seem to be happening back to back, that he’s missing.
For almost two years, she’s been left not knowing why he’s missed all those moments; now, she may finally start to get some answers.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home