Dominion Power outages third-largest after Hurricanes Isabel and Irene
Dominon Virginia Power reports that this is the largest, non-hurricane related restoration event in the company’s 100 year history; and the third largest even including Hurricanes Isabel and Irene.
With last night’s series of storms, Dominion is approaching 1 million customers affected since Friday evening, system wide. Out of state crews are arriving to help restore service.
As of 2:20 pm Dominion reports there are 6,826 customers out in Hampton Roads and Northern NC.
Chesapeake has experienced the most trouble today. Yesterday morning, the city had 2170 outages. This morning, that number leaped to 7222 customers without power. Dominion says 300 additional work locations were created by Saturday night’s storm – or about 7% of its Chesapeake customers. As of 2:20 pm 2900 customers were still without power in Chesapeake.
In other areas:
- York County: Yesterday morning, 4398 customers. This morning, 170 outages.
- Gloucester: Yesterday morning had 9124 outages. This morning 1714.
- Mathews: Yesterday 5584. This morning 2545. Crews working on significant damage.
- New Kent County: Outages went up, due to possible tornadic activity. New Kent County right now has 4956 customers out. Yesterday morning, about the same time, they had 2790.
- James City County: Yesterday morning had 2219 customers out. This morning, down to 500 out
- Williamsburg: Yesterday 215 out, this morning 152
- Charles City: Yesterday AM – 1958. This morning 1532
Dominion crew work locations are available live at:
Dominion says reporting an outage – even if neighbors have done so – speeds the restoration process.
Customers can call 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357) and can also get updates from http://www.dom.com; Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel