Man shot several times in Hampton
In Hampton – a man remains in the hospital after being shot several times on Childs Avenue.
It happened just before 3:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon near the intersection with Pembroke Avenue.
When police arrived, they found the man in the street.
Police are not sure what led up to the shooting.
Officials say the suspect is described as a black male, thin to medium build, last seen wearing blue denim shorts with a turquoise or bluish t-shirt with white lettering. He was also wearing a baseball cap.
The suspect was last seen entering a dark colored (possibly green) vehicle, police say.
If you have any information that could help investigators, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales